Date(s) - 04/06/2023
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market
As the site of our spring field trip, the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market is the world’s largest fully-enclosed, fully-refrigerated wholesale produce terminal, with 686,000 square feet. Its most distinguishing operational benefit is cold-chain protection for fresh fruits and vegetables. PWPM merchants carry a full line of fruits and vegetables and serve all types of food service and grocery businesses.
PSPA member Joseph Harrison from the USDA will be our host. Market Manager Christine Hoffman will be our tour guide. Joseph Procacci, CEO of Procacci Brothers Produce will be our guest speaker.
(As one of the largest wholesale produce distributors in North America, Procacci Brothers works to grow and strengthen the business of our customers. Procacci Brothers operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our state-of-the-art facilities in South Philadelphia. Our seven warehouses are located at one of the East Coast’s busiest ports on the Delaware River. Receiving the freshest produce locally, domestically, and from around the world, we remain committed to building strong and unique programs for retail supermarkets, club stores, and the food service industry.)
The Market is located at 6700 Essington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153
- Field trip begins at 10:30 am. Try to be there a bit earlier.
- Use the Employee Parking and tell the security guard that you are there for a tour. They will show you inside where Joe Harrison and Christine Hoffman will meet us.
- After the tour, we will meet Mr. Procacci in the Conference Room for his remarks and lunch.
Lunch costs $23.00 served at the Market
Rosemary Baked Chicken (Leg and thigh or breast and wing) or
- Grilled Salmon
- Make check out to Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture and mail to PSPA Treasurer, 1380 Wisteria Dr., Malvern, PA 19355
- Click here and follow the link to purchase your ticket for luncheon meetings with PayPal or Credit Card.
If all goes as planned, the program should end around 1:00 pm